Category Archives: Personal Posts
There are many changes happening over here at Lauren McGlynn Photography HQ. Here are the important & interesting bits with longer more detailed posts about other bits to come.
- I updated my prices and packages to make it even more affordable for people to add a 2nd shooter (and a lovely one at that!) or an album to their wedding packages.
- New gallery site! Actually I've been using it for a while, but have just now got around to changing my packages specs to include it. The bonuses are that it's super pretty, you can download all of your high-res images with one click, and your pictures will be backed up online for 10+ years.
- I'm quitting film. I'll still shoot it for people who booked me for their weddings this year with the understanding that there would be film involved, but after that - no more, not even for personal work. More on that later, though my decision has a lot to do with this next bit.
- This year I am focusing on making my business (and my lifestyle) as green as possible, and I hope to share those endeavors with you by blogging about them. I have always been something of a tree-huger, but this past year I've become increasingly passionate about minimizing my footprint and joining in the growing chorus of people raiseing the alarm about climate change, while also promoting sustainable lifestyle choices. I'm actually really excited about the "promoting sustainable lifestyle choices" bit and I have so many creative ideas and projects in mind that I believe will be just as, if not more interesting than the work I was doing with film.
- Speaking of projects, I started one with some of my best photo ladies. Please take a look and follow us. I'm so excited about where we are going with it.
Though this shoot appeared on Love My Dress back in June I thought I would start the new year off by blogging my own edit. This was the first styled shoot that I ever shot and I’m rather proud of it. I was thrilled to collaborate with some of the best independent wedding vendors in Scotland on this, and I learned just how much work goes into one of these shoots. A. Lot. Of. Work. It’s interesting that in the age of blogging I never feel like I’ve finished something until I’ve blogged it. I like to arrange the pictures just so in the hopes that they will convey the exact aesthetic that I was going for. For me this shoot was something of a love letter to Edinburgh. All of the contributing vendors are from around Edinburgh, there was our gorgeous ginger model (who I’ve photographed before) to represent Scotland’s ginger streak, and for good measure we made sure to include Edinburgh’s most fabulous castle. I wanted the shoot to have nerdy, quirky, magical vibe to it and I think we succeeded in achieving that thanks to the most talented lawyer/stylist in town. I will be following up tomorrow with a behind the scenes post about all of the amazing people who worked so hard to make this shoot so special, but for now here are their names and links to their sites. 2014 booking season is upon us so if you’re looking for the most talented, creative, and unique wedding vendors that Edinburgh has to offer, look no further. More Pictures4