Another Damn Photo Shoot, In Edinburgh

I have long thought that Lyn from Another Damn Life is one of the coolest ladies on the internet. She is certainly one of the most hilarious and I eat up her blog with delight every time she posts something new. So you can imagine how extremely happy and flattered I was when she told me that she and her beau were coming to Edinburgh and that they fancied a little couple’s shoot with yours truly. My self esteem balloon inflated a few notches I’m not going to lie. Especially considering that their wedding photographer was the illustrious Christina Richards, who I am also a giant fan of and is about as talented as they come.  I confess to being a bit nervous at the prospect of following in her foot steps. I think we did alright though, and I certainly had a lot of fun. It was really great to finally meet another one of my very favourite bloggers, that’s for certain, and afterwords we got to go out for burgers with Kirsty, so the whole day was a win I’d say.

Posted in: Uncategorized

1. Posted November 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Aww, you guys are so cute! And you don’t look freezing at all, which is quite an achievement under the circumstances. The Hasselblad ones are my faves, but they’re all lovely.

2. Posted November 1, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

These are all so lovely – and I am totally smitten with Lyn’s headband.

3. Posted November 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Super cute. Hooray!

4. Posted November 1, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I love these! And you are too kind!

5. Posted November 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

I love all of this! I love that the Beau is wearing his anniversary shirt.

6. Posted November 1, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I love how, through our session, my £10 Primark jacket will be forever memorialized.

Lauren, you are the best. You (and Kirsty) are a large part of why I wanted to go to Edinburgh on our trip. You’re talented as hell! The fact that you got these photos out of your two awkward subjects — who, in my recollection, basically spent the session behaving like awkward dorks — is testament to that talent. Thank you! You have made us — and our mothers, who are always complaining that they’d like “just a little picture” of us — infinitely happy.

7. Posted November 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

I love these! They’re beautiful pictures of real people and I LOVE them.

And this further commits me my mission to convince Forest that we need to do a couples shoot at some point(s). (His argument: Without kids to see them, what’s the point? Mine: We’re the point silly!)

8. Posted November 2, 2012 at 2:12 am | Permalink

These are gorgeous as hell. Looks cold!

9. Posted November 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

Lauren, I think you did WAY more than alright. My favourite is the one by Fleshmarket Close. too cool.

(whilst obviously you are a person and it is normal, the though of someone with your talent being nervous is mindboggling. You photography is spectacular).

10. Posted November 15, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Wow it looks like you had so much fun! Its really nice to see such a relaxed engagement shoot, sometimes they look awfully serious 🙂 Beautiful photography, my favorite is….ah can’t choose! I like them all! Xx

11. Posted November 15, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Love these! They all look so natural & happy – perfect. I think the 3rd from the top is my favorite though. 🙂