I have wedding previews & weddings to post. I’m also shooting two weddings this weekend. Two. Weddings. Tweddings. So- I thought I’d just throw some personal pics up here with a random list of thoughts and save the previews for next week after I’ve shot my tweddings and can do a proper job on them. In the meantime I present:
Things That Are Awesome: The Friday Edition.
1) Film. I love film. I read this week that Kodak is threatening to stop making film. I am in denial, but you know what to get me for Christmas. I accept 35mm & 120 film.
2) Aidan. Obviously. He is writing a book, did I tell you? He says he might even use one of my pictures on the cover, which will make me feel famous and special all at once, even if it is a philosophy book. Also he started his new job and got a seriously swish office this week. And as if that weren’t enough – he became an uncle a few days ago too. Dude is clearly accomplishing things.
3) Florists. I have confessed my love for Sophie before, but truly she is the best. She is doing all sorts of amazing favors for me in the next month, and she is taking me on odd & quirky adventures. I love this girl. You know who else is awesome ? Lotte of Lotte & Bloom. I met her for tea the other week and thought she was just the coolest. The floral industry has clearly cornered the market on awesome people.
4) Avocados. There’s not really a specific reason, I just love them a lot.
5) Tally. I miss my Ms. Tally away up in Aberdeen. She’s the only thing about Aberdeen that I do really miss.
6) We put in an application on a flat in Edinburgh. If we get it then we’re moving in October instead of November – which is good for making sure I’m established with the Edinburgh midwives before the baby comes. The flat is tiny, with hardwood floors and it is unfurnished, which will allow me to live out my American dream of having my own furniture again. They don’t so much have furnished flats in America, so living with other people’s furniture is a strange phenomenon to me – and one that I must admit to not being particularly fond of. I’m ready to finally get to Edinburgh and start putting down roots. I’ve moved at least every couple of years since I was 9 years old. It will be nice to settle in a city that I feel confident of having a long term future in. A place that will finally become home.
Happy Friday everyone!