Sarah & Steven’s Edinburgh Wedding: A Preview

Remember the lovely Edinburgh wedding that I mentioned? The APW one that was briefly delayed by a fascist riot? Well I’m here to tell you that it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have photographed all year. Granted I feel that way about almost every wedding, but I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about this one. Perhaps it’s because Sarah looked so stunning, perhaps it’s because she and Steven rented the Observatory House on Calton Hill to get ready in (the views! the views!), or perhaps it was their amazing approach to the whole day, but either way I’m excited you guys. This is another wedding that was sent to me via my favoritests wedding photographers Lillian & Leonard, so once again I felt a bit of added pressure to measure up, but even just glancing through all of the shots to grab a few for this preview I know it’s going to be super beautiful. For extra proof be sure to check out Kristen’s amazing pictures from the day. The rest will follow soon! Congratulations to Sarah & Steven!

APW ladies know how to deal with riots on their wedding day:

Posted in: Edinburgh Wedding, Weddings

1. Posted October 5, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

That last picture is FREAKING AWESOME.

I like this bride. Is she coming to the APW book club? I think she should. Sort it out, Lauren.

• lauren
      Posted October 5, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

She is Scottish but sadly she lives in NYC. She is so awesome. You guys would love her.

2. Posted October 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

That last picture is indeed awesome! But the top one is stunning. And is Scottish APW book club happening??

• lauren
      Posted October 5, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

I think APW book club is totally happening as there were some ladies who weren’t privy to Blook Club, and I think they’re excited to talk about How TO Be A Woman Too. Or maybe I’m just always up for a visit to Edinburgh, a drink, and a chat with smart ladies ;)

3. Posted October 5, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

That first photo took my breath away!!!

4. Posted October 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Oh, I’m so excited to see the rest of this one. Your teaser photos are gorgeous.

And the last picture made me laugh out loud. Awesome.

5. Posted October 5, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Who knew you could book the Observatory House? Those photos are going to be fab, I love the first one and of course the last!

6. Posted October 5, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Oh and the edinburgh slot for APW book group is up…

I’m up for trotting through for it.

• lauren
      Posted October 5, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

oooh me too. Does she have a date yet? I take it that post is coming soon.

7. Posted October 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

These are gorgeous! That first image is AMAZING!!

8. Posted October 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

I’m with Christy. That first photo is, like, print it huge, frame it up, place it on the wall, stare-at-it-every-day-until-I-grow-old-and-grey good.

9. Sarah
    Posted October 5, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

LAUREN!!! They are fab, we love them!! I just came on to be nosy and look at your new site after you told me you were working on it, and wait, there’s ME!! Thank you so much for everything, we are so excited to see more (and I LOVE the police shot!!) :)

10. Kristen
    Posted October 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

I love the police shot too! Just brilliant. Cannot wait to see the rest. x

11. Posted October 14, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Oh, the bride with the cops!!! SO wonderful! When I read Lauren’s first mention of a wedding that was disrupted by a facist riot I choked a little with sorrow for this couple that had to confront such an ugly thing on such a beautiful day. But when she said they sailed right through it, I thought, “Just think of the stories they’ll have to tell their kids or nieces and nephews!” That photo cements it – wonderful!

2 Trackbacks

1. By Sarah & Steven’s Edinburgh Wedding on October 24, 2011 at 1:21 am

[...] to finally be posting Sarah & Steven’s wedding. They are the APW couple that I may have mentioned a few times before because they were so calm in the face of a British Defense League riot that [...]

2. By My Homepage on December 14, 2011 at 6:46 pm

… [Trackback]…

[...] Read More: laurenmcglynnphotography.com/2011/10/sarah-stevens-edinburgh-wedding-a-preview/ [...]…