Happenings

This weekend I went to Edinburgh. I photographed a lovely wedding in the middle of a not so lovely English Defense League protest. A lovely lady came along for the ride, and we had fun working together in spite of it all. The bride and groom were brilliant. They were totally laid back throughout the day, and they decided that they weren’t going to allow something as stupid as a fascist riot ruin their wedding, and it didn’t. This is why I advertise on A Practical Wedding. I am always deeply impressed by the people who come to me from there. They are good.
I attended a book club, or rather Blook Club, and I listened and laughed and was happy to meet like minded ladies who I am excited to be making friends with. They were ace, each and every one.
Oh and I have a wordless wedding over on A Practical Wedding today. It’s kind of seriously a dream come true. I always wanted a wordless wedding.
I have so much good stuff to share this week that I feel like I’m bursting. I love my job.
Tonight I am having some philosophers over to dinner. So I must run around and make my house look like I didn’t just return from an epic journey. I must cook a nice meal. I feel very traditional and wifey. Don’t hate me if I kind of love it a little.
This just might be what happiness feels like. I dunno how I got here, but it’s pretty great.
Posted in: Film, Personal Posts

1. Posted September 12, 2011 at 7:54 am | Permalink

The EDF (and their ilk on both sides) make me incredibly angry.

Love you on APW – love you generally anyway!

2. Posted September 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Oh sugar, don't question it, just enjoy! You deserve muchly, yes? xx

3. Posted September 12, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

I don't hate you for liking being a 'wife' (in the stereotypical sense). I've always loved hosting, cooking, entertaining… and it has nothing to do with being a wife. But somehow sharing a happy home with James makes me want to cook/host even more, maybe because I'm proud to welcome loved ones into OUR home. :) Anyway – I'm not sure I'm making much sense. haha I hope your dinner went well! :) xo!

4. Posted September 16, 2011 at 11:29 am | Permalink

I am so happy that you are happy. Soak it up.

5. Posted October 1, 2011 at 4:45 am | Permalink

“They were totally laid back throughout the day, and they decided that they weren’t going to allow something as stupid as a fascist riot ruin their wedding, and it didn’t. This is why I advertise on A Practical Wedding.”

Can that be my new advertising pull quote??

• lauren
      Posted October 1, 2011 at 11:22 am | Permalink

2 Trackbacks

1. By Sarah & Steven’s Edinburgh Wedding: A Preview on October 5, 2011 at 5:44 pm

[...] the lovely Edinburgh wedding that I mentioned? The APW one that was briefly delayed by a fascist riot? Well I’m here to tell you that it [...]

2. By URL on December 15, 2011 at 1:14 am

… [Trackback]…

[...] Informations on that Topic: laurenmcglynnphotography.com/2011/09/happenings/ [...]…